Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Thursday Workout 2: Cycle Class

I'm paying for this gym membership - I WILL use it!  John and I went to the gym last night and I tried out the Cycle class.  It was not really what I expected, but I enjoyed it and will do it again.  First, the lights were turned down really low.  Second, the sound track was similar to a Pure Moods CD.  It might have been a Pure Moods CD, really.  Third, the instructor took us on a ride through the Spanish mountains.  There was a monastery at the top of the mountain that was our goal.  We sprinted and climbed, enjoying the beautiful Spanish mountains and trails.  Seriously.  Fourth, the instructor really wanted the class to be interactive and was looking for crowd support.  There were 8 people in the class, 3 of us new.  He wanted us to yell and respond to him  yelling.  After awhile I just felt bad for him and decided to yell with him.  It was kind of weird. 

Other than all that, it was a great workout.  I'm sore today, partly from the cycle class and partly from Ripped in 30 on Tuesday.  I like the feeling of being a little sore, it lets me know I did a significant workout and my muscles are getting stronger.

After the gym John and I saw the Green Lantern.  It was good, sort of cheezy at times but enjoyable.  We have our babysitter until the end of August, so we are using her as much as possible!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Haha.. the pure moods thing is kind of weird, usually its top pumpin' hits kind of music in there! That's cool that they have the spin theater. I'd totally do that!

The yelling is also kind of strange imho.. to each his own?