Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HALT #2

I the article about recognizing things that make my kids bananas this morning.  So what did I do?  Totally ignored that advice.  Wednesdays the kids have Playball in the morning, then Splash Day.  I picked them up and took the to the gym so they could play in the Kids Club while I ran.  By the time I picked them up it was 6:30, they were ravenous, tired and missing Mommy (Hungry/Lonely/Tired).  We went to Chick-fil-A, which was ok, they were pretty good.  But by the time we got home it was getting tense.  A stolen necklace and someone getting the wrong water bottle was about all anyone could take before breaking into tears (add Angry).  I realized that I had taken on too much today and pushed everybody, myself included, a little too hard.  We skipped baths and brushing teeth, and everybody got extra cuddles and kisses from Mommy. I am about to crawl into bed myself, neglecting the dishes and email that need attention. 

No comments: