Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Houston Marathon: Check Yo Self

Well well well, lottery results are up and we got into the Houston Marathon.  Hells yeah bitches!  Jennifer and I are in for 26.2 and Jenna for 13.1.  So... now what?  We have 200 days, almost 7 months, to train.  Through the marathon I bought a training plan from Focus-N-Fly.  It factors in your current milage, race pace, days you want to run or cross train, etc.  Or maybe it just makes shit up, I don't know.  It has me running or cross training 6 days a week, which is ambitious to say the least.  I know I've been a little workout crazy the past 2 weeks but that is hardly a trend.  I took a peek at the schedule in December and was exhausted just to see all the long runs.  Whose idea was this again?  Oh, mine.  NO!  It was JENNIFER's  damn it.  I can't really blame her, I've done this before and know better.

So - here we go!  Houston Marathon here we come.

Jenna's advice was "Check yourself before you wreck yourself", truer words never spoken.

From Urban Dictionary, the phrase means "Take a step back and examine your actions, because you are in a potentially dangerous or sticky situation that could get bad very easily. Often in a harmful manner."



or the fuggin original

No comments: