Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Race for the Cure

My Race for the Cure Page.  On November 13th I am running the Susan G Komen 5k in Austin.  This is an event I have run 6 times and for the 3rd year I am running for Renee's Rack Pack.  One of my dear friends Renee is going through cancer for the second time.  My grandmother had breast cancer twice and lost her life to it.  My Aunt Susie recently went through treatments.  John's Aunt Beth, two of my mom's close friends... this is something that has touched many lives around me.  This year I put a call out to close friends and family to donate to my race page, and pledged that I would match all donations dollar for dollar.  Our team is a Dell corporate team this year, so they match our entire team's donations dollar for dollar as well. 

I have raised $255 dollars so far!  Holy crap.  I have to admit I did not think so many people would give so generously to support the Rack Pack and my fund raising goal.  But I'm sticking to my word ya'll!   I will be matching the $255 and Dell will match the whole $510. 

No comments: