Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Freedom of Starting Over

A few weeks ago I was using the ole' home computer putting new books on my Nook.  I got side tracked and when I returned the computer was no longer functioning as it should.  This happens occasionally, so I did what anyone would do, I turned it off and on.  Sadly this did not help and John has been trying to bring the system back to life ever since.  A few nights ago as he attempted to fix it he asked me what files and documents I wanted saved.  I thought about it and decided NOTHING.  Well, other than the thousands of pictures (that were backed up else where) and our music files.  The only thing I really cared about what the Excel file that I track all my race data in, which I had emailed to myself a month ago so I had a recent copy.  Other than that, bookmarks - start over, half completed projects - start over, passwords to websites I never use - start over. 

It's sort of liberating! 

If this happened on my work computer I would cry real tears for an hour and bitch about it for months.  A good reminder to ALL OF YOU TO BACK UP YOUR COMPUTERS!  Not that I would know what the hell to do to with a back up drive, but I assume a nearby tech nerd would know. 

No comments: