Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Komen Race and Fund Raising Update

So the Komen race and fundraising are over!  $535 raised which will be matched by Dell.  Thank you to my wonderful sponsors:

Kelly Newell
Jackie Cox
Beth and Casey Alonzo
Linnzi Gillo
Monica Ovalle
Jenna Gray
Bill & Diane Gray
Kristen Gray
Jenny Mo
Barbara Meyer

The race was downtown this year and a new course that wound around the Capitol building.  I rode down with the Malek's (thanks for the ride and the banter).  We had plenty of time to park, pee and loiter around the start.  We were scolded by Jennifer for being lazy and not meeting her at the Dell tent (sorry).  We started at the front of the race this year, which was a good decision.  There were 25 turns on the 5k course route and 8000 timed runners.

Mile 1: 7:16
Mile 2: 7:16
Mile 3: 7:21
Last .2: 6:20
Final time on Garmin: 23:09 for 3.2 miles, chip time 23:07

I did not check my results until later that night and saw that I was 4th place out of 116 in my age group!  I was a LITTLE bummed that I didn't push harder to get 3rd place.  DAMN YOU MARATHON TRAINING!

Thanks to Jennifer for being Team Captain.  Thanks to my very generous sponsors.  If you don't know, we run Renee's Rack Pack for our dear friend Renee.  She received some great news last week that the last round of brutal chemo did it's job and her test results were negative for cancer (that's good!).  So we were all very excited and happy for her on race day. 


Renee's Rack Pack

Running Buddies





No comments: