Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Race Report: Dash Down Greenville March 15, 2003

This weekend I did some organizing. And had a helper.  Maddy declared she was my helper for the day so I had to choose activities she could help with.  After cleaning my closet, the guest room closet, filing the kids art work, sorting socks and my drawer of running stuff it was time for fun with medals.



Look what I found!  My very first race bib from the Dash Down Greenville. 


My first 5k was in Dallas, March 15, 2003.  This was when John and I lived in Dallas and JOHN was running a lot.  I was not such a fan of running.  I would do Tae Bo and go to the gym with John but running was dumb.  The neighborhood of Lower Greenville in Dallas has a big St. Patty's Day celebration every year with a parade and all day drink fest.  The day kicks off with a 5k and John and I decided to do it.  I had no idea what to expect.

From what I remember, it was a good sized race.  It was crowded at the start but thinned out toward the end.  There were a ton of people out cheering the runners on.  I know I finished and told John that is was horrible, and hard and I hated it.  But was proud of myself for doing it and was glad to start drinking.  Finish time: 28:53 - not too shabby!

No comments: