Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Race Plans

Get out your calendars and check books.  The 'fun' racing season is over now that it is hotter than tamales here.  But it's too early to start marathon training, especially since I don't know when I'm running a marathon.  This is my current race plan:

Moonlight Margarita 5k 6/16/11 - signed up to run with the Selfish Mommy.  We're not doing the dinner, but I think we need to stop at Taco Cabana on the way home for a pitcher.  This will start my vacation weekend when John and I go to Baltimore for wee-baby Jake's baptism. 

Nelson 5k 7/4/11 - Georgetown race with those damn fast Georgetown runners.  But good course and a nice way to end the holiday weekend.

Caleb 5k 7/16/11 - Wells Branch area in Austin.  I ran this one last year and like that it is north but I did not like that they award Male and Female in the same division, mostly because I waited for an hour for the award ceremony last year (while John got very pissed off at me) and then got beat out by the guys.  So this one is a maybe/probably not.

Casa Super Hero Run 9/25/11 - at the Domain and a really fun race.  There were lots of supers last year.

IBM Uptown Classic 10k 10/2/11 - ramping up the mileage

Pflugerville Pfamily Pfun Run at Lake Pflugerville 10/15 - local 5k race, also the same weekend as the LiveStrong Challenge.  This race will have a $10 kids K, and may be Jack and Maddy's first race (can't pass up the price!)

Turkey Trot - Thanksgiving day 5 miler, assuming I am in Austin for the holiday

December will be logging lots of long run miles - no racing!


Houston Marathon 1/15/12 - pending lottery results, sign up is 6/1 to enter the lottery drawing

3M Half Marathon 1/29/12 in Austin - if we don't get into the Houston Marathon, definitely doing the full half this year.  This is a great course.


Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando 2/26/12 - I really want to do this race and I think I convinced Jenna to join me for a girls weekend and run it together.  I also want to do the Goofy Challenge but realize I should get another marathon under my belt before attempting it. 

Austin 10/20 4/15/12 - 10 miles, 20 stages of music at the Domain

No comments: