Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day weekend.  Early this week I asked John if instead of a gift, I could go shopping, sans children, and buy myself some clothes.  Jenna went with me to the outlet malls.  I asked her to please keep me from buying anything unflattering.  We had much fun quoting "Sassy Gay Friend" and I let her pick out clothes for me.  I got some new pants, shorts, sports bras and a couple shirts.  She only yelled at me a few times, once when I put back on my clothes from home and she said my shorts were terrible (WHAT, WHAT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?).  Then we went to Chuy's for lunch where I enjoyed a Mexican Martini and sat there eating chips and salsa for an hour.  So nice not to cut up anybody's food or worry that someone is going to cry during the meal. 

Sunday John let me sleep in until 8am (yeah!) and made me pancakes and eggs for breakfast.  The kids picked out a beautiful azalea tree for me (thanks John).  Gwen made me a bracelet at school and the twins made me cards.  We went to the park and then to Rudy's for lunch.  GREAT DAY!

Now I'm off to Seattle for a work trip and I will miss my family so much, really! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

No comments: