Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Workout Recap: August 15-21 and other news

Monday: Recovery Run 4.70 miles, 47:49 min.  Very slow run after Sunday's long run.  Pre-Biggest Loser Weigh in.
Tuesday: Track Workout 6.66 miles, 1:00:17, .5 mile repeats - killer!
Wednesday: Ripped in 30 #2
Thursday: Supposed to be a Threshold, but we mostly just ran fast.  4.88 miles, 45:06 min
Friday: "Rest day".  If by rest you mean get absolutely F-ed up downtown with your sister, then it was a rest day.  If you mean take care of your body so it can recover - no, I did not do that.
Saturday: Recover from night of terrible choices
Sunday: Long run 10.10 miles, 1:39:56.  For not eating anything the day before this run actually felt ok.  Wore my new waist pack/water bottle holder which was annoying but bearable.

Total miles: 26.34

Good thing this week was the Biggest Loser Challenge ending.  I did lose 5% of my weight, about 7 pounds, which was a goal I thought was going to be really hard.  It was hard, but counting calories and adding in the extra workouts for cross training really helped.  I was also able to do 15 boy style pushups to win an additional 1% for my total.

Bad thing this week was being a complete idiot and getting sloppy drunk on Friday night with Jenna and Amy. I don't know how 3 educated women go out and NO ONE says "Hey girls, lets have some water this round."  Or "you know, maybe let's not RUN to the next bar and order shots ok?"  We paid the price.  As Jenna said, Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" has taken on a whole new sinister meaning.

What is this week looking like for training?  Not so good.  Besides being a stupid drinker, I also caught some kind of infectious mutant virus, probably before Friday.  I've felt the beginnings of a cold for a few days but it came on full force Sunday afternoon.  I officially do not have Strep throat, but the doctor was nice enough to load me up on drugs anyway.  So I will be taking a few days off from running to let my body truly rest and get back to it at the end of the week.

And in HUGE MILLS FAMILY NEWS: Gwendolyn starts kindergarten tomorrow!  I am so excited for her!  I'll post pictures and a first week recap next week. 

No comments: