Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Training Update

Marathon training is going well.  I survived the summer months and am looking forward to "cooler" weather in the fall.  In Texas fall comes in November so there is still plenty of sweaty running days ahead.

My schedule this week:

Monday - Track workout of warm up, 6 x 400m repeats, cool down.  Ran with Jennifer up/down Diablo and kept a strong pace for each sprint.  Total: 5.65miles, 8:51 avg, 50:03minutes
Tuesday - rest day
Wednesday - 5.00miles, 48:57, 9:47/mile, maintenance run with Christina around the hood
Thursday - the Beast.  I had a 7am conference call and have to be in the house by 6:30 to get the kids ready for school.  I intended to get up and out the door for a 8-9 mile run by 5am but I slept right through my alarm.  I woke up at 5:30ish and could not make myself get up and do a shorter run.  So running at lunch became the plan.  It was nasty hot.  I ran around the Pf Lake and drank 72 ounces of water.  I survived at least.  8.75 miles, 1:17:57min, 8:55/mile avg.
Friday - 4.15 miles, 38:57, 9:23 avg pace, with Jennifer and Christina
Saturday - Long run.  12.75 miles, 1:58:39, 9:18avg.  Christina ran the first 5 with us (sort of), I ran through mile 10 with Jennifer and finished up around my side of the neighborhood.  Pace ranged from 9:51 to 8:33 at the end.
Sunday - rest

Total for the week: 36.3 miles

One thing I am so grateful for is my hydration vest, thanks to Jennifer's recommendation.  In this Texas heat it is essential for long runs.

No comments: