Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Training Recap 9/3-9/9

Mid-week had me feeling pretty run down with either a terrible cold or allergies.  Thursday I had to leave work early go get cold medicine and keep my sneezing and nose blowing away from my co-workers.  Friday I practically fell asleep while working.  But by Sunday evening I am feeling on the mend.

Monday - holiday!  I did not get up to run early, so I ran late in the evening after the kids went to bed.  I do not normally do that, but I hate missing a Monday run.  Or any run for that matter.  It was supposed to be a pace workout of some sort, but the heat was killer.  I did the miles to plan, but not the pace.
6.50 miles, 59:17minutes, 9:07/mile avg

Tuesday - Rest day

Wednesday - Maintenance run, 4.55 miles, 43:07 minutes, 9:29/mile avg pace

Thursday - Pace workout including warm up, 3 x .75 mile repeats (5:58/5:50/5:37), cool down.  It was tough to get warmed up, but I felt great at the finish.
6.0 miles, 51:55minutes, 8:39/mile avg

Friday - Maintenance run, 4.00miles, 37:16minutes, 9:19/mile avg pace.  Finally got a running buddy today, Jennifer joined me and it the time passes much faster!

Saturday - Long run, 10.6 miles, 1:38:33, 9:18/mile avg pace.  Jennifer and I ran around the neighborhood and knocked out an easy 10 miles. 

Sunday - Rest.  Much needed after Saturday's busy day with the kids.

Total miles: 32.65. This was a 'lighter' week, next week each day is a little further than this week.  Now is the time to focus on getting lots of sleep, foam rollin', and the dreaded nutrition. 

I got a new yoga video (Yoga for Athletes) that I am excited to try next week. 
The Athlete's Guide to Yoga: A Personalized Practice for Strength, Flexibility, and Focus

No comments: