Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

2011 is Nearly Here

2011 is nearly here - 5 days left in 2010.  Since this is a time for setting those traditional resolutions, I thought I would post a link to THIS ARTICLE from the Happiness Project blog with tips for keeping your resolutions.  Here are some that I liked -
1. Be specific. Don’t resolve to “Make more friends” or “Strengthen friendships”; that’s too vague. To make more friends as part of my happiness project, I have several very concrete resolutions like: “Start a group,” “Say hello,” “Make plans,” “Show up,” and “No gossip.”

3. Review your resolution constantly. If your resolution is buzzing through your head, it’s easier to stick to it. I review my Resolutions Chart every night.

10. Keep your resolution every day. Weirdly, it’s often easier to do something every day (exercise, post to a blog, deal with the mail, do laundry) than every few days.
13. “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.” Thank you, Voltaire. Instead of starting your new exercise routine by training for the marathon, aim for a 20-minute walk each day. Instead of cleaning out the attic, tackle one bureau drawer. If you break your resolution today, try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I like it! I think that's a really good way to go about it, I've read about the happiness project recently and think it sounds really reasonable.