Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Race results: Cupids Chase 5K

Long overdue, haven't been updating at all.

I ran the Georgetown Cupids Chase 5k and kids K back in February with the family.  Prior to that day the kids were dying to run another race, but when it came time to get up and get going in the morning they were not happy at all.  Of course by the time they ran and got their sweet medals and goody bags they were happy.

The 5k was great, I would do this race again.  The course seemed like it might be confusing, but when I was running it they had it well marked off.  Only odd thing was that it was a point to point course, so the finish was not at the start.  John parked near the end so I could walk back to meet them and the race organizers had a shuttle bus to transport folks back to the start line.  The finish also had great food, vendors and a festive 'post race party'.  I did not hang out, the kids were in the car waiting to go home.  I did place 3rd in my age group and got a cool tile to commemorate my win. Very nice swag.  Also - the adult shirts were long sleeve and red, which was great.

Finish time - 22:16, avg pace 7:08, 3rd place in my age group.


No comments: