Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gift giving simplicity

Simple Mom's Blog About Gift Giving

I check out Simple Mom's blog occasionaly and watched this video about her holiday gift giving tradition for her kids - 3 gifts.  One hand made gift, one book and one toy.  Oh my!  What a wonderful idea, but how do I actually execute that??

Just yesterday I was thinking about MY version of simple gifts, one major gift per kid like a dollhouse or train table.  Hardly "simple".  I have been wondering if I am spoiling my kids too much (I am) and making them unappreciative of what they DO have.  If Gwen has 15 princess dolls, does she really appreciate them?  If the kids play with anything a lot, I tend to think MORE would be even better, but I don't think that is always the case.

Just some food for thought today.  I have gone totally overboard the past 3 Christmas seasons, I don't expect this year to be any different. 

2 comments:

Christina M said...

I like those gifts ideas..but yes it would be hard to stick to it....

Selfish Mommy said...

Since Connor is finally old enough, we are going to volunteer for something as well as choose a family to give gifts to this holiday season. So instead of limiting or "taking away" to make them less spoiled, I want to show them the ways in which we are fortunate & allow them to see how we can help bc we are. Wanna join us?