Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2008

17. Volunteer at a race - Complete Hawk Hustle 5k 3/1/08

I have been a pretty avid runner for a couple years, taking breaks for pregnancy and laziness. One of the things that I enjoy about running are the races. I have competed in 5k, 5 mile, 10k, 10 mile half and full marathon distance races and almost always enjoy them. In 4 years, I have done 31 races. I have always had great respect for the people who organize these events, they must take a lot of work and coordination - and now I know first hand. For the past month I have been working with the Hendrickson High School 5k race committee. Of course, a lot of work was already done before I got involved but seeing all the time and effort these people put into the event was really interesting and has given me a deep appreciation for the events. I am glad I had a chance to give back to the running community and work at an event that I could really make a difference at. AND - knock one off of my 101! Yeah!

No comments: