Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

#37 Make Healthy Meals

Tonight (Monday) I made marinated salmon, mashed potatoes with mixed veggies, and buttered wheat bread for dinner. And I drank vanilla soy milk. Gwendolyn actually ate the fish and wheat bread and asked for more of both. The one thing I thought she would eat (potatoes) she didn't even sniff. But I was happy she at the fish anyway. John even ate some of the mixed veggies (mostly because they were blended into the potatoes). All around, a successful meal, one of the happiest we have had in weeks!

Wednesday I made chicken veggie soup and we had tamales (technically homemade but not by me). Gwendolyn loved the tamales and ate 3 of them herself. The soup wasn't so great, but it was healthy at least.

Thursday totally counts, because I cooked A LOT! Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Stuffing and Sweet Potatoes. All delicious! Thanksgiving dinner was all homemade (not necessarily "healthy"). That was really all I cooked this week, only 3 days. The rest of the week was leftovers because there is no more room in the fridge.

Next week: use up as much as possible from the freezer so I have room for the "homemade" frozen meals!

No comments: