Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tagged - assignment of the day

Hmmm 6 Things that make me happy (thanks Christy). One of my 101 items is to come up with 100 things that make me happy. I have a list started somewhere, but I'm not sure where it is. But this is a good exercise for me to do today when, frankly, I'm kind of miserable.

1. Sleep. Sleep makes me oh so very happy. More specifically, uninterrupted sleep. I think I got like 7 hours of sleep last night, which is great, but it was broken up over about 10 hours. I was so exhausted yesterday I reached the limit of my patience about 30 times.

2. Coffee.

3. Gwendolyn. Gwen is so awesome and she almost always makes me laugh, or at least smile. Last night she was actually eating her dinner, a hamburger, and she was just so cute chatting about what was on her plate and mine.

4. Sleeping babies. I like babies when they are asleep, it makes me happy to see their cute little faces sticking out of the blankets. They are so peaceful and QUIET, it's heaven (versus when they are taking turns screaming their lungs out, but I'm not talking about that right now).

5. Food that I don't have to make. It has been awesome to have our freezer stocked with meals that I don't have to put any thought into. Tonight a friend is getting us Chuy's for dinner. I might actually cry over that.

6. John. We haven't talked to each other much lately, because we are dividing ourselves between infants and toddler, but we do chat on the phone once or twice a day. Really, how ridiculous is it that I live with my husband and talk to him more on the phone than I do face to face? It is a great comfort to know I have a partner in misery who knows exactly what I am going through without even asking.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm thinking we need to put this babysitting birthday gift plan into action for you so you and John can have a relaxing night out! hang in there!

JennAventures said...

Hey honey, feel better...life goes by in a flash-soon you will sleep the whole night and this period of misery will be but a blimp on your life's history!