Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

56. Save $5000 for redecorating a new house

Done! We close on Friday and after we have paid all the closing cost and the down payment there is plenty left over for decorating. We have already bought a new bedroom set - KING size bed baby! We ordered a new sofa for the downstairs family room, that should be delivered in about 4 weeks. We also bought a new bedroom set for Gwen with a twin bed - her current furniture will go to the twins room. Of course, John is doing his own decorating by getting a new TV and surround sound system. Personally, speakers and receivers don't get me all excited, but he has waited about 8 years to upgrade the stuff he bought out of college, so I'm happy for him.

Now I have to (or get to) add all the little things that make a house a home. New bedding for our room and I am going to pick out new stuff for our bathroom. Then to the dreaded task of picking out curtains. I hate curtains. Why are they so expensive? I don't get it - it's a role of fabric. But I am determined to do it for real this time.

I'm glad I have the opportunity to do this, but I am 29 weeks preggo with twins (i.e. feel like I'm 38 weeks preggo), it's hot, and I'm lazy. So now that I saved the money, I really should actually do what I planned and get it done before the twins come and I am unable to put 2 coherent thoughts together.

1 comment:

JennAventures said...

is the king bed so John will never be able to find you in bed again-thus alleviating a second opportunity for twins :)