Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lent

Lent is coming up in just a few weeks. Sometimes I give things up and I am considering giving up - ALCOHOL - this year (GASP!). But we'll see how that goes. I would like to work on the going to church item on my list. I have been checking this out daily: Our Daily Bread and it has given me a lot to reflect on.

Edit: how come no one wants to do things that are hard just because? Maybe I need to exercise my will power or have an excuse to be pissed off all the time. Actually, John challenged that I could NOT give up alcohol for 40 days in a non pregnancy induced environment. He may be right.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Giving up alcohol is *hard.* I don't recommend it. :P

Christina M said...

you already gave up alcohol for 9 months..why do it again when you dont' have to!

Unknown said...

because, last time I HAD to because I was preggers, not because I had extreme will power to do it.

JennAventures said...

You know, if you are going to get pregnant in the near future (like the next year) you'll have to give up alcohol for nine months. You should enjoy it right now while you can. You can bet if I had a year and half old with another on the way in the next year I would be drinking alone in a corner trying to make sense of my life.

You should try to go to church every week during lent. Or give up something like your weekly lunches with the girls and donate the money you would save to some organization or something.