Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Post Race Report: Mostly for My Benefit

This post is mostly for my record keeping, so pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Marathon prep -
What did I wear?  Lululemon short sleeved shirt and shorts - my favorites.  Garmin watch, hat, Wright socks, throw away gloves, Brooks Adrenaline shoes, and hydration back pack filled up to the top.

my gear
What did I eat?  In the morning I had a bagel thin & peanut butter.  Before the race started I had a Gatorade Fuel drink.  During the race I tried to eat every 5 miles.  2 Cliff Shots Chocolate Cherry, 1 pack of Cliff Shot Blocks, 2 candy orange slices, 4 peanut butter crackers, a couple Gummy Bears, all the water in my pack (72 oz), plus 8-12 more ounces and 8-12 ounces of Gatorade on the course.  This was probably the perfect amount of food for me.  I finished not feeling hungry or dying of thirst.

What else did I carry?  Chap Stick, tissue, sunglasses, iPod and phone in my back pack. I also had an extra Cliff Shot I didn't eat.  I started out with a throw away long sleeve shirt on, but tossed it before I crossed the starting line. 

Any regrets?  Not really.  All my pictures look sort of dumb because I'm decked out like I'm on a mountain climbing expedition.  I did use almost everything I carried and nothing annoyed me.  Next time I will try to carry a spare bottle with Gatorade to refill at water stops, especially if the weather is any warmer. 


No comments: